My name is Christopher. This may have been given away by the URL, but still. Better to give too much information than not enough.
In June 2014, I moved house for the sixtieth time. To break it down, that’s:
– 60 bedrooms
– 22 schools
– 3 states
– 2 territories
– 2 islands in the Torres Strait
– 45 lost/forgotten wall clocks (approx.)
– 88 pieces of crockery that broke in transit (approx.)
– 180 shitty showers because I hadn’t yet figured out the tap configuration (approx.)
– 5,000 assembled/disassembled cardboard boxes (approx.)
– 1,000,000,000,000,000 metres of packing tape (approx.)
All in 33 years.
With this blog, I tell a story about every address I’ve ever had, in chronological order. Sometimes the residence itself might not be a focal point of the story; but the story will hopefully cover the most significant thing that happened during my (sometimes quite brief) time there.
Some stories will be long; some will be short. Some will be sad (hopefully not too sad); some will be funny (hopefully far too funny).
All stories will be true.
UPDATE: Since finishing this blog I have continued to move house: I have included stories about the new places too. Because I’m thorough.
This photo and the banner photo were taken by the incredibly talented Bodie Strain.